In 2022, the Pennsylvania Environmental Resource Consortium (PERC) will host exciting programs to advance education, action, and partnerships for sustainability. We will continue to advance our strategic focuses on climate action, public health, and environmental justice.
- Building Pennsylvania's Bright Climate Future (February 4, 2022): Pennsylvania is one of the nation’s leading emitters of greenhouse gas emissions from energy production and export, transportation, industry, and agriculture. We are also one of the nation’s most forested states. If Pennsylvania reduces its greenhouse gas emissions and adapts to the changing climate, we can be a leader. Join incredible speakers to learn about the opportunities, dilemmas, challenges, and our connected potential in this exciting 2-hour event.
You can now view the recording of the event HERE, and the slides HERE.
- Partners by Nature: Action for Health Equity in Pennsylvania: (Online, January to May, 2022): Our goal is to help you both build a network of contacts and develop skills within a community of practice involving practitioners and researchers from both public health and sustainability. Our five monthly sessions will all be held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 12-1 p.m.:
- January 11 – Introductions and Goal Setting
- February 8 – How to Foster Community Dialogues Using “The ECHO Process"
- March 8 – How to Create Internal Networks Within Your Organization
- April 12 – How to Work with Non-Traditional Community Partners
- May 10 – How to Find Funding for Public Health-Sustainability Initiatives
Click HERE to register.
- University Leadership for a Bright Climate Future (Penn State University Park, April 2022 TBD): Following on our February event, PERC will convene its spring conference and focus on climate action on campuses and in our communities. Informed by what we have learned from the January Pennsylvania Acts on Climate talks, the 2021 EJ in PA event, and our members’ interests during Spring 2022, we will convene to spur higher education’s role in equitably drawing down carbon emissions and facilitating adaptation to the climate crisis through education, student engagement, community cooperation, research, investments, and operations. A full call for proposals will be pending.
- Campus Sustainability Champions: (April 2022) Every year, PERC recognizes students, faculty, and staff from its member schools as well as a lifetime achievement award for champions of sustainability. Nominations will be solicited in early 2022.