These are stressful and uncertain times, and we hope that you, your families, and your students are healthy during them. While we work very hard for a sustainable world, it’s vital that we practice whole self sustainability, as well, especially now.
If you’re finding yourself thrust into planning online or distance learning activities with your students (or children!) right now, we’d love to help. We’re offering two free programs starting in the month of April that can engage your students in learning and action, even while social distancing: Youth Climate Ecochallenge and Earth Day Ecochallenge.
While it may be obvious to you that our programs support social and emotional learning and STEM learning, we wanted to make sure you knew how adaptable these programs can be for the needs you have right now. Both Youth Climate Ecochallenge and Earth Day Ecochallenge offer resources for additional learning and action, questions for reflection, opportunities for building a digital social community, and measurable impacts that add up in real time as your students check in on their actions. They also connect to many important learning themes and subjects, and support Common Core Standards and Oregon State Standards:
April 1 - 30, 2020
Any Age; Recommended for Grade 6+
- Learning themes include climate change, community health, energy, environmental justice, food systems, forests, fresh water, health, mental health, oceans, resilience, social engagement, social responsibility, sustainability, wildlife.
- Supports the following Oregon State Standards:
- Health Education
- Library and Media Education
- Information literacy, reading engagement, technology integration, social responsibility
- Including environmental literacy strands
- Social Sciences
For Earth Day Ecochallenge, please use this Educators Guide PDF as both a slideshow to introduce the Ecochallenge to your students and as a guide for you as a Team Captain.
Please email us at email@example.com and let us know.
Join an Eco Challenge!!!! https://ecochallenge.org/take-action/global-ecochallenges/